суббота, 10 марта 2012 г.

Teachers

I want to dedicate this post to one person... I've been thinking how to describe him... "a person who made this and that...", "a person who meant this and that for me..." But at last I decided to write about him as a very good man who was talented and good teacher though sometimes he was severe.

When I was little and studied in school I used to visit a school of arts as well. I cannot say that I have a special talent for drawing or painting. Visiting this school was rather good way of spending free time and avoiding all temptations of street.
The Head of this school of arts was a very picteresque person - Serafim Volodin. Besides leading functions he also taught graphic art. But my group didn't have his lessons and then we were happy to it. Now I am sorry that we had not his lessons because his graduates made so wonderful drawings that after graduating his course any good Art University could open its doors to them without any doubts!!!

Here he is on photo
Изображение

He was very famous because of his mood. That was the main reason all students were afraid of him. When he appeared at the entrance of a classroom leaning unto the door and with his arms across the bossom and his eyes screwed up, everybody tried to hide their heads between the shoulders and sat quiet. Everybody could suffer his "attention": the word "namby-pamby" was not the worst that could be heard from him about somebody's work. Though he was not a conceited person. He could explain how to improve a painting. His cruel "attention" was the concsequence of his insistence on high standards and order. For example, he could turn a student out of lessons if the student was late or didn't have all necessary things for lessonts (pencils, paints, brushes etc) or if a student painted with a help of  a ruler or with a stump of a pencil... So that's what he was like...
Nevertheless I still keep at home a plasticine sculpture of a cat I made at the schhool of arts in 1995 just because The Head of our school Serafim Volodin highly estimated it on the first exam.
Today it turns a year as he passed. He was 76 years old and many young people from my home town who studied at the school of arts, were shocked because of his death. I am very sorry that this man is not with us anymore.....

Here are some of his works

1. Self-portraits
Изображение

Изображение


2. Portrait.
Изображение

3. Other works
Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий